Day One SF Food Bank - February 4, 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Show Up And Make a Difference!


I learnt, at Glide, that one out of four people are homeless or food insecure. I also learnt that a lot of those who eat at Glide, have some sort of shelter, but can not afford enough food to feed themselves, or their families.  What everybody needs to know about Glide, is that it's a part of a community, it is not scary, the people are just normal people who turned out to be less fortune then ourselves.  My favorite part of my three shifts at Glide had to be throwing sandwiches at Sadie Ray so she could put them in the sandwich box. I made a difference today, by just showing up, serving food, preparing the food, as well a sharing my smile. Everybody needs a smile, so the smile can spread around the room. I really want to be a vet, or work at a food pantry like Glide. It may be difficult to open a food pantry by myself though.

~  Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment