Day One SF Food Bank - February 4, 2015

Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Made a Difference Today - I Will Be Respectful


I learned that people struggling with hunger and homelessness need financial help, and have to go to Glide to get a meal or two. This does not mean that they are homeless. Something that everyone needs to know about Glide is that it is a really welcoming environment and everyone is super friendly, and the food is amazing. My favorite part of the day was preparing food, because the whole group was working together as a team making sandwiches. It was really fun because we were able to talk to each other, while making a difference in San Francisco's Tenderloin community. I made a difference because my first job was collecting tickets from gusts, and I made sure to always have a smile on my face and greet the guests with enthusiasm and respect. All of the clients did the same thing for me, and it put both of us in a good mood. In my life I am always going to be respectful to others around me and to those less fortunate than me.

~ Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment