Day One SF Food Bank - February 4, 2015

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Our Wednesday Serving The Tenderloin Community

Today I went to Glide  because it feels good to help people who are hungry and/or under the poverty line. I also like going because it's fun to help people who need help. Today I refilled pitcher of water, coffee and milk, cleaned tables and cleaned trays. It is really fun going and helping people even if I did need to wake up at 5am!

~ Charly

I went to Glide because I want to help lots of people and I wanted to do something really good for the world. I like Glide because it it is really nice to see all the people get food and be happy and it is really fun because you get to have your friends there to. Today I handed out trays and brought trays back to the coffee house. I also helped bring the cups to the back to be washed.

~ Ivy

I like Glide because I was having so much fun making people happy and doing refills of coffee and having call call me nice things like handsome, cute and pretty. Some people said that I should work here more because a little effort like mine can change peoples' hearts. I even like making people feel warm and cozing inside.

~ Jaheim

I do Glide because I like helping people, and it's fun. It will also help me get into a good high school. I like Glide a lot and I hope we can do it again soon!

Today, I refilled the pitchers of milk, water and coffee for the tables I was working at. The only annoying thing was when I was carrying two pitchers of milk someone bumped into me, I almost spilled. I loved seeing the people saying thank you after they had a good meal!

~ Henry

I like to volunteer because I love helping people that need help. It feels really good helping people. I think we should do this more often. I worked at the coffee house and  gave food trays to the people. I refilled beverages, wiped tables, and after Glide closed I helped stack the chairs.

~ Kharisma

No comments:

Post a Comment