Day One SF Food Bank - February 4, 2015

Monday, May 27, 2013

A Time to Give!

It is 6:30 am and we are pouring out of cars at the corner of Taylor and Ellis in the "TL." We all could have been hugging our pillows on this holiday morning, but we committed to coming to San Francisco's Tenderloin to work, to support, and to respond to the needs of the people living in this unique community. 

If we are lucky, life doesn't just give us what we want... life gives us what we need. This morning I wanted to be safe and comfortable at home in my bed. What I needed and life provided me was to be face to face with humanity, smiling, welcoming, working, thinking of others, and striving to be selfless. I was touched by how humbly we all accepted each of the jobs we were assigned. We showed up, did our best, and acted with grace and compassion. It is moments like these that I fully understand the blessings of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment